Pervade Software are looking to recruit a Marketing Executive who will work with the Marketing Director to develop campaigns to promote products, services and ideas. It is a varied role that includes planning, advertising, public relations, event organisation, product promotion, research and social media. The work will be challenging and often fast-paced.
The Marketing Executive will contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns. Tasks can involve:
- liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations
- communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships
- sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press - local, regional, national and specialist industry publications
- managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and banners
- writing and proofreading copy
- managing a social media strategy with targeted messaging and regular updating that is on-message
- liaising with designers and printers
- arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials
- maintaining and updating customer databases
- organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- conducting market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies
- evaluating marketing campaigns
- monitoring competitor activity
- supporting the sales manager and other colleagues.
Training and education will be provided (including certification where practicable) to assist the Marketing Executive to fulfil these tasks.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will grow and develop into a skilled and confident marketing professional.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations
- Love to write – be able to produce clean communication written in a way that just about any reader can understand what is being said.
- Have confidence to edit – be able to take textual and video content produced by existing employees (which can at times be “rough”) and make it clear and concise.
- Interview people – be able to sit down and comfortably talk with subject matter experts, both in-house and from 3rd parties and ask the right questions to stimulate meaningful content.
- Embrace social media – be able to understand the workings of various social media platforms and appreciate that, if used correctly, they can be used to build traffic, leads and sales.
- Produce and edit video – be able to handle video equipment to capture footage and then crop and edit that footage to create good quality presentations.
- Be likeable – be able to build rapport quickly, brighten up people’s days and earn the respect of those needed to contribute content.
- Understand the needs of others – be able to grasp the pressures and priorities of those providing content in order to motivate and inspire a willingness to contribute.
- Work with goals in mind – be able to break a project or process down into milestones, objectives and lists so that tasks are calendared and managed effectively.
- Have an analytical mind – be able to pay close attention to numbers, measurements and analytics to identify trends in the results of marketing efforts and know what to change to improve those results.
- Think “out of the box” – be able to use the “road map” of processes and projects as a platform for innovative thinking and new ideas to get the job done quicker and better.